Last week, I finally got to go back to school, after five months stuck behind a screen. There were pros to being online, like sleeping in later and getting up to make myself breakfast on the breaks. However, in the end I was miserable. I couldn't get the social interaction that I desperately needed when I was online. Coming back to school last week was refreshing. I was able to talk to my teachers and actually pay attention during class. Unfortunately, when I was just getting used to the in person routine someone on my cheer team got Covid. Now I have to stay home and sit behind a computer for five hours a day once again. I cant go to school, cheer, or water polo. I don't even have it, but those are the guidelines in place. I don't really understand it all. We wear masks and social distance at practice, so why do I need to stay home? I know they are trying to keep everyone safe incase I actually got Covid from a spit particle that traveled through my teammates mask, flew si...
I love how you emphasized that how you're raised truly influences the way you see the world. Haven't done the reading for this weekend yet, but looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteThe environment does impact the human behavior. I feel like this could also relate to the book I'm reading (The Color Purple). Celie, the main character, lives in a bad environment (her father harasses her and her mother dies). Then, she moves to another household (got married) and still gets harassed (this time by her husband). She kind of develops an apathetic trait. It seems as if she is mainly living to survive. Her family has made her become submissive and a person who is indifferent to her surroundings.
ReplyDelete